Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Saint Petersburg during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc at 727-369-6195 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.