Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Saint Petersburg during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc at 727-369-6195 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.