When it’s a little more frigid in Saint Petersburg you depend on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit coming soon. Once a year maintenance service from certified technicians can keep your system operating efficiently and diagnose potential problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signs that indicate repair is necessary. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating the way it used to. Is it running for enough time? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem not as strong? These symptoms could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s chilly out, heat pumps change the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off too frequently. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem persists, call a pro to see why your system is breaking down or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is noisy. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be something wrong.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The experts at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.