With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can save a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could dramatically increase your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc expert do air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system operating well for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is operating correctly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc a call at [[phonenumber]].