With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc expert complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system running well for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is operating properly and can identify potential concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc a call at 727-369-6195.