Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family cozy during the Saint Petersburg winter. If you already called Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc for your annual service, you’re absolutely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 727-369-6195 to get one scheduled.
There are plenty of simple things you can do in between pro maintenance to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or swap them when recommended. This is such a straightforward way to improve the airflow through your heat pump and uphold peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are accessible for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have grown up by your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to guarantee that it’s working properly. Simply turn it on and slowly raise the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our pros, call Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc at 727-369-6195 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!