Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Saint Petersburg summer, have the professionals at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc complete your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc today at 727-369-6195.