Having routine air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Saint Petersburg summer, have the experts at Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc today at 727-369-6195.