Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Saint Petersburg are not the best time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also reduce the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc in Saint Petersburg will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 727-369-6195 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.