Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Saint Petersburg are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also reduce the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Hale's Air Conditioning Services Inc in Saint Petersburg can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 727-369-6195 and stay comfortable this summer.